Looking for a Romantic Getaway
London is known for its busy culture and fast-paced lifestyle, so it’s natural that couples want to get away from it all. If you’re looking for a romantic getaway away from the hustle and bustle of the city, look no further than Kent as the perfect place to go.
Romantic Places to Visit During Your Stay
Kent is the idyllic setting to add that special touch to your trip away. From ancient castles, beautiful villages and picturesque countryside, there are plenty of ways to unwind together. Here are a few spots you can head to complete your romantic escape….
- The White Cliffs of Dover – You can’t visit Kent without seeing the sights available to you from this famous landmark. Why not take a picnic, snuggle together on a Winter walk or walk in hand in hand along the way taking in the stunning views.
- Scotney Castle – This Victorian mansion in Lamberhurst adds a touch of mystery to any romantic trip away. It’s famous for its beautiful gardens meaning that you’ll have plenty to explore together, all with the backdrop of a fairytale castle. There’s also a secluded picnic area to enjoy if the weather’s nice.
- The Chapel Down Winery –What better way to enjoy yourself together than by sampling some of Kent’s finest wines in a picturesque setting. The Chapel Down Winery in Tenterden offers plenty to do including tours, experiences, a shop and a restaurant.
- Hever Castle– Add a touch of history to your weekend by visiting the family home of Anne Boleyn in Edenbridge. There’s the beautiful castle itself to explore, as well as the moat, gardens and boating lake. Create magical moments in this majestic setting.
- Goodnestone Park Gardens – Wander amongst the gardens at Goodnestone Park near Canterbury and feel like you’re part of a Jane Austen novel. This country house and garden provides acres of 18th century parkland which is thought to have inspired Pride and Prejudice after the novelist stayed there in 1796.
- Botany Bay – Why not visit Kent’s most striking beach in Broadstairs. With its beautiful chalk stacks and stunning views, this hidden gem is the place to explore rock pools and walk along sandy shores together.
- Leeds Castle – Leeds Castle in Maidstone is a truly romantic setting set in acres of scenic parkland. Surrounded by a large moat, it’s impossible not to be drawn in by its allure,and there’s plenty to explore. By the end of the day, you’ll be fantasising about what it would be like to be Lord and Lady of such an impressive abode.
Enjoy a Romantic Retreat in the Kent Countryside
Romantic getaways in Kent aren’t complete without the perfect setting to escape to. At the Marquis at Alkham, we’re situated in the area of outstanding natural beauty of the Alkham Valley. Centred between Dover and Folkestone, you’ll be in the ideal location to visit some of the most romantic spots in Kent.
When looking for special romantic getaways or fine dinning in Kent, why not treat your loved one with a visit to our boutique hotel or fine dining restaurant. Escape from it all in in this 200-year-old former village inn.
To find out more, visit our contact page and get in touch!